How Many Liters Of Water Should You Drink Daily To Lose Weight?
Are you on a weight loss program? Want to get back to your slimmest self as quickly as possible? Good, but like most of us, you too might be having a number of doubts in your mind. And one of them would be the amount of water you should be ideally drinking.
If that is what it is, then this post is the right one for you. Read on to know more about the entire deal!
Water for losing weight
The body consists of water 66% of the total weight and it helps getting rid of excess weight.
When it comes to water consumption sand losing weight there are many rules. Drinking too much water can cause imbalance in the content of salt in the body, but also the potassium levels can get disturbed, leading to headaches, nausea, fatigue, and vomiting.
HOW MUCH WATER TO DRINK IN A DAY FOR WEIGHT LOSS?
It’s always best to follow the 8×8 rule. According to this rule, 8 glasses of 8 ounces water are what should be consumed by an individual. This amounts to 2 liters of water. But researchers say we need 4 liters of water per day.
This is when other factors like your body type, your fitness levels, your diet and sleep patterns come into the picture.
Since you are on a weightless journey, it’s safe to assume that you are doing your workouts as well. So, make sure that you hydrate well before and after your workout. Dehydration after workouts leads to headaches and dizziness. If possible, you can also drink water in between your workout.
Also, remember that it is not just water, but the juices, coffee and tea that you take that also add up to the total water consumption. In fact, even fruits and vegetables like cucumbers, tomatoes, peaches, watermelons, oranges etc., contain water. So, consider them too to measure your water intake.
Here is a way to find out how much water to drink each day for weight loss mission:
- Your weight – the heavier you are the more amount of water you have to consume. Also, the need for water of each person is different.
- Convert your weight into pounds – take 2.20 pounds for 1 kg (roughly).
- Multiply your weight by the pounds you get by 2/3 – if you weigh 200 pounds, multiply it by 2/3, giving you an approximate figure of 133, thus you have to consume 133 oz. of water each day.
- Take into consideration the amount of exercise you do – in case you work out for 30 minutes a day, drink extra 12 oz. of water.
These calculations are done on generalized sampling of people, and the main rules are:
- Drink water even when you are not thirsty. Feeling thirsty means your organ systems have sent a signal to the brain, and that means you are already a little dehydrated. So, drink water consciously all through the day. You can make use of mobile apps that remind you to drink water every hour.
- If you workout, you need extra water. Just make sure never to gulp water right after working out. Just sip water and let it wet your mouth.
- If plain water bores you, use lemon, mint or even citrusy fruits for flavoring.
Were you aware of how much water to drink in a day for weight loss before? Follow these tips and ensure you are drinking the right amount of water every day! How did you find the article? Share your feedback with us in the comments section!